The perfect winter warmer!
I took my cousin to Garson’s Farm ‘Pick Your Own’ pumpkin patch, We chose pumpkins to carve, pumpkins to decorate, and pumpkins to eat!
- Pumpkin and/or Butternut Squash
- Fresh Sage
- Bee Pollen
- Organic Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- Creme Fraiche
- Heat the butter or a little olive oil in a pan.
- Add chopped sage and shallots. Cook gently for 10 minutes until soft.
- Add chopped butternut squash or pumpkin (save the seeds for later).
- After 5 minutes add the stock and teaspoon of bee pollen.
- Simmer until the pumpkin and squash have softened.
- Add seasoning of your choice – pepper, nutmeg, lemon juice, turmeric, curry powder.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before blending.
- For added crunch toast or bake the pumpkin seeds and sprinkle on top.
- A spoon of creme fraiche on top and you are ready to serve!
Remember to protect your eyes when you are cutting onions (haha)!